About Me

My photo
Swindon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
We're fascinated with murder, serial killers, criminology and generally the minds of murderers

Saturday 15 December 2012

A Room With A View

I've recently been introduced to the idea of a 'mood board', now with my history of mental health I automatically assumed this was something to do with my mood - but it's not.  If you don't know what a mood board is; type it into Google and take a look.





So my mood board is a bedroom mood board; my mum has kindly said she'll redo my entire room; to remove all memories; so I can have somewhere to go that doesn't remind me of her.  Somewhere I can go to escape.

Surprisingly it took me a long time to decide on a theme, normally I will see something I like and instantly choose that idea/design and cease looking for anything else; even if it's the first thing I've seen; if I like it - it's mine.

I think some of my struggles arose from the fact that me and her had planned our own home; colour schemes, furniture etc.  I looked at lilac - we'd had it, I looked at brown - it's what I have now, I looked at black and white - it's what we'd planned for our home, red seemed to passionate for a newly single room; I didn't want to be constantly reminded by the colour of love!  Then I spotted a striped bed set - I mean bright, rainbow stripes and I was decided; this was going to be my new room.  You can take a look at my Bedroom Mood Board if you fancy seeing what one looks like.

My mum has been pretty amazing; taking me to Ikea to get the accessories for my new room, she's ordered my bedroom furniture from MFI and is generally keeping the whole new room progressing along nicely.

When my step dad has painted my room, we will build the wardrobe, drawers and bedside cabinet - I only have one bedside cabinet and I'm really not feeling that - I think it'll look odd, and plus, every time I look at it I'll think - Oh yeah, I only need one, since I'm single.  Not a brilliant thought process I know - but it's how my thoughts work!

Oh and on another note - she liked a picture of our dog on Facebook today - what on earth does that mean? She likes the picture of the dog? She wants to talk to me? She's thinking about me? Or she's thinking about the dog? It wasn't a particularly recent picture either - at least a few days. I wish I could think normally, or rationally - or does everyone think this way? I find myself analysing anything to do with her.  I hope it stops soon, it's driving me mental!

Again; feel free to comment below; I'm off to Longleat tomorrow so I will update on that then.

No comments:

Post a Comment