About Me

My photo
Swindon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
We're fascinated with murder, serial killers, criminology and generally the minds of murderers

Sunday 6 January 2013

A Very Pleasant Day

I didn't write a post yesterday, because I was so tired after building all my furniture, cleaning and organising my stuff, then I cooked two huge pots of food; bolognese and chicken soup/stew.

Here are the recipes as promised!

Bolognese - Slimmers World Style

500g EXTRA lean minced beef
200g Closed Cup Mushrooms
Large onion
400g tin of chopped tomatoes
1 clove of garlic
Fry light
1 beef oxo cube
Dried Herbs
Splash of Worcestershire sauce

So I cooked the onion and the garlic, which were both finely chopped, I stirred them until they were soft, then I added the minced beef until it had browned, I left these cooking for about 5 minutes together so that the mince would take on the flavour of the onion and the garlic.  Next I added the chopped tomatoes, dried herbs, oxo cube and a splash of Worcestershire sauce, I let these cook for a further 5-10 minutes before adding the very finely chopped mushrooms.  I haven't actually tasted it yet, but I can imagine it's going to need a fair amount of salt and pepper because the Dolmio sauce I normally use has salt, sugar, preservatives etc in it all ready.

Chicken Stew/Soup

3 Chicken breasts
3 Leeks
1/2 Swede
8-10 Carrots
6-8 potatoes
Large onion
2 large stalks of broccoli
Chicken Oxo cubes
Vegetable Oxo cubes
Bisto Chicken gravy

I cut all of the veg into large chunks as I like it to cook for a long time so all the veg soaks up the stock.  I placed all of the veg, minus the broccoli into the pot.  I filled up 1 pint of water with 2 chicken stock cubes dissolved in it and poured it onto the veg, I filled a second pint of water with 2 vegetable stock cubes and tipped it onto the veg.  Finally I made 1/2 a pint of Bisto Chicken gravy, as instructed and poured that on top too.  The pan was now almost full to the brim.  I let it cook for an hour or so.  Next I fried off the chicken in a small amount of fry light, let the cool and tore them into thin strips.  Finally I placed all of the broccoli on top of the veg, it didn't immerse in the stock as there was so much veg, so it sort of steamed itself on the top!  Finally when it was all cooked I divided it half and half - half as it was as stew and then I blended half of it to make chicken soup!  This does require salt and pepper to taste, but is lovely.  I think next time though I will use beef Bisto gravy, as it has more flavour and makes the stock thicker.

I had a lovely day with her today.  Just as friends.  I think because I wasn't worrying about trying to make her 'fall in love' with me again, we just relaxed and had a good time.  I was expecting her to stay for 2-3 hours max, but she didn't, I picked her up at 11 and dropped her back between 5.30 and 6.  First we talked for a bit, how life is going etc, what's been happening at work blah blah, then we had lunch, my chicken stew!  Next we went to Tesco (she needed to go) and then Argos (I needed to go).  When we came back, we both, yes both, made some fags and took the dog for a 15-20 minute walk.  I thought after that she would want to go home, it was probably about 1pm, maybe 2 at a push, but I said I'd burn some CD's for her, while I was waiting for the CD to download I suggested we put the TV on, we ended up watching a film - it was diabolically crap!  So crap, I can't even remember the name of it!!  But we kept pausing it to talk.  The 90 minute film probably took us around double that to watch!  Then I took her to the cash point so she could get some money to get a cab to work tomorrow, I said I'd pick her up, but she said she'd get money for a taxi just in case I don't get up.  I'll be up, don't you worry about that!

Tomorrow is comedy night with the SIL - very excited, can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment